Come and experience the new video series, CATHOLICISM, by Fr. Robert Barron, beginning next Sunday, June 23, at 12:15 pm in the Good Shepherd Room of the Parish Center. You can watch previews of it here. The first episode is “Amazed and Afraid: The Revelation of God Become Man.”
For the first time, in breathtaking and high-definition cinematography, the truth, goodness, and beauty of Catholicism are illustrated in a multimedia experience. Journey with Fr. Robert Barron to more than 50 locations throughout 16 countries. Be illuminated by the spiritual and artistic treasures of this global culture that claims more than one billion of the earth’s people. From the sacred lands of Israel to the beating heart of Uganda, from the glorious shrines of Europe to the streets of Mexico, Kolkata, and New York City, the mysteries of Catholicism are revealed. Learn what Catholics believe and why. Discover the full meaning of the faith.
One 50-minute episode will be shown each Sunday at 12:15 pm (after the 10:30 Mass) in the Good Shepherd Room of the Parish Center. Each session will be followed by a discussion, led by a team of parishioners who are eager to explore Fr. Barron’s insights into our faith. Fr. Tom will be at many of the sessions to be part of the discussion. The dates and topics are:
- June 23 – Episode 1: “Amazed and Afraid: The Revelation of God Become Man”
- June 30 – Episode 2: “Happy Are We: The Teachings of Jesus”
- July 7 – Episode 3: “That Than Which Nothing Greater Can Be Thought – The Ineffable Mystery of God”
- July 14 – Episode 4: “Our Tainted Nature’s Solitary Boast: Mary, the Mother of God”
- July 21 – Episode 5: “The Indispensable Men: Peter, Paul and the Missionary Adventure”
- July 28 – Episode 6: “A Body Both Suffering and Glorious: The Mystical Union of Christ and the Church”
- August 4 – Episode 7: “Word Made Flesh, True Bread of Heaven: The Mystery of the Liturgy and the Eucharist”
- August 11 – Episode 8: “A Vast Company of Witnesses: The Communion of Saints”
- August 18 – Episode 9: “The Fire of His Love: Prayer and The Life of the Spirit”
- August 25 – Episode 10: “World Without End: The Last Things”
Here is a summary of the first episode which we will view next week, “Amazed and Afraid: The Revelation of God Become Man”:
The strange and dangerous words of Jesus of Nazareth set up a drama that will culminate in a surprising battle between two kings, and in the wake of this conflict, an empire will be defeated – and the world will be changed.
Father Robert Barron illuminates and explains the conviction of the Catholic Faith that Jesus of Nazareth is the promised Messiah, and the revelation of God become man. He shows how Jesus fulfills the four tasks of the Messiah, according to the Old and New Testaments, and how the living legacy of Christ, God and Messiah, is proclaimed by the Church. Join Father Barron as he addresses some of the most controversial questions about the life and identity of Jesus Christ and travels through the mysterious and sacred places of the Holy Land of Israel and the eternal city of Rome.
I look forward to seeing you there. Blessings, peace, and love,
Fr. Tom Welbers